The Big Give S.A.’s third anniversary is around the corner! The Big Give S.A. is a 24-hour initiative dedicated to giving back to the community. This year, it runs from midnight to 11:59 p.m. on next Tuesday, May 3rd. The day is dedicated to all Bexar County non-profits and promotes awareness of the many cool things they do for our city. If you ever considered donating to a local nonprofit, this would be the day to start.
You probably know someone who works for a nonprofit, volunteers for one, or sits on the board of one. Perhaps you work for a nonprofit yourself. If you want your organization to surpass its Big Give S.A. goal, there are a few things you must do in advance. What will you do to help your organization stand out? Why would someone donate to your non-profit out of the hundreds listed?
1) What Is Your Company Brand Like? – What is your organization’s branding? Does it have a logo? Do you have a slogan communicating exactly what your organization stands for? Branding is very important because it can either attract visitors or turn them off. All of your marketing materials, websites, videos, etc., MUST be creative, professional and consistent. Your organization’s unique way of touching people’s lives should reflect in your branding.
2) Is Your Website Ready To Go? – The first thing people do when they want to learn about your nonprofit is visit your website. If the buttons aren’t functioning, the website looks outdated, AND there is no way to easily donate to your nonprofit, you can miss out on great volunteers and donations! Fix your site by enlisting a professional marketing agency, like HeartFire Media, to give it a fresh and modern look. We create websites from scratch or improve the one you already have. Either way, you need a navigable and attractive site to draw donors. We want them to love your organization and the great work you do, so market it the correct way. Don’t be lazy, because people will know the difference. Keep in mind the BGSA makes everyone donate through their website thebiggivesa.org. What if someone doesn’t make the deadline but still wants to donate? They can go straight to your website 24/7, 365/year.
3) The Social Media Craze – Regardless of what time of year it is, you should fill your social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram) with stats, testimonials, event photos, short videos, and great stories of the things going on at your organization. Campaign as early as possible. Have a graphic designer make a cool graphic promoting the Big Give S.A. reading, “Don’t forget! May 3rd is the big day for YOU to donate to your favorite non-profit!” Think of a fun and captivating way to engage people… host contests, do giveaways, post creative videos, etc. The possibilities are endless.
4) Video Marketing – Speaking of videos, our biggest recommendation to help your nonprofit stand out is by producing a really creative video. A 2-minute video can tell your entire story and show the impact you make in the community. At HeartFire, this is one of our specialties. We help you develop a creative concept, write the script, shoot and edit the entire video. We utilize your brand’s messaging and incorporate testimonials to capture the attention of the viewer and pull on their heartstrings. It’s about projecting honesty and connecting with people through the difference you make in the community.
5) Email Your Database! – What better way to keep your followers up-to-date than through a weekly email blast? Let EVERYONE know what is happening on May 3rd and to be on the lookout for your organization on the Big Give S.A. website. The earlier you communicate this, the better. People often subconsciously commit to a brand/organization they are already familiar with. If you are on your A-game and remind them well in advance, this will give you points against the non-profits who didn’t prepare ahead of time.
Remember, failing to plan is planning to fail. If you haven’t started a marketing strategy for this day of giving, what are you waiting for? According to the BIG Give S.A., there here were 21,000 donations from six different countries, 48 states, and 1500 different cities. Why would you pass on the opportunity to be one of these recipients? You work hard all year asking for donations, so take advantage of this important initiative. Oh, and ensure you registered your organization on the website as well!
At HeartFire Media, we have worked with numerous nonprofits through video production, graphic design, web design, and marketing consulting. If you need help with any of these, feel free to drop us a line.
Best of Luck,
[pbutton url=”http://heartfiremedia.net/blog/heartfiremedia.net/#contact” text=”CALL US TODAY! ” new_window=”yes”]
Join San Antonio's hottest newsletter
to receive insider business and community news, 'Badass of the Week' and weekly prize giveaways!
You have Successfully Subscribed!