If you haven’t noticed already, video is where it’s at. According to Entrepreneur Magazine– by this year, video will account for 78% of the world’s mobile traffic.
I started this creative video company in San Antonio six years ago with one thing in mind… video production will change the way we tell our stories and will be the #1 marketing asset in the world. Here we are in 2019 and I am so excited to see this trend happening! It’s no longer a question of why you need it because it is a must-have tool in today’s digital age. Back in the day we used to really try to prove to folks why a website was necessary. They finally got it. Then, I had to start proving to folks that video is the next best thing. Now, I sell videos like vendors selling tacos at the taco stand.
Don’t believe me? Let’s read these fun facts on the status of video in 2019.
- People Love Content. Whether you spend parts of your day watching how-to videos on YouTube, binge watching a show on Netflix, or watching a local live stream in your area, people are consuming video now more than ever. Got video content? Great. It will be watched and shared. According to Animoto: video is the number one type of content consumers want to see from brands on social media.
- Attention Spans Are Shorter- Video is key in selling to your audience quickly and efficiently. I recommend keeping it no longer than 2 mins online and :60 secs on social media to grab their attention and make an impact.
- People believe other people they trust- Testimonials are the #1 way to gain credibility in your industry and to spread the “word of mouth” theory that this guy/gal is to be trusted with your business. Check out a quick and easy video testimonial we did for Satel’s Clothing Store.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is bigger and better than ever. Google owns YouTube. YouTube content is consumed by the millions per second. Search engines love YouTube content. Put something on YouTube and it’s one of the first things that pops up on Google! See how that works? Checkout our YouTube Channel here.
- Livestreaming is Social Media Gold. Research indicates live streaming encourages more audience engagement and retains viewers longer than prerecorded video. I put this theory into practice a couple of times a month with a live show I started in 2017 called “Bean & Chisme”. This is just two chicks talking about things most people won’t say out loud. We regularly reach over 1,000 comments per live show with engagement with 85% of our viewers. As my great co-star and host Nina Duran would say “People are leaning in” to chime into the chisme (gossip in Spanish). To have this type of viewer participation is phenomenal. Haven’t seen the show yet? Watch an episode here.
We are heading into exciting times folks and the ROI in video is worth it. The diverse use of video can not only span across all your social media platforms but can live on your website and be sent out in newsletters and emails. You can get the biggest bang for your buck once you have that video file ready to go. Don’t forget to upload on YouTube for that SEO.
Need help starting a video series on YouTube? Need multiple videos produced per year? Looking for creative content to stand out against the competition? We got you! We are San Antonio’s #1 video marketing company and content creators. From concept creation, script writing, to full production, we can do it all. I have also created an affordable solution to help businesses produce multiple videos per year at an affordable rate. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-467-8244. I am looking forward to producing some amazing stories with you all this year.
Let’s kick ass together in 2019! Cheers!